According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over St. Patrick’s Day weekends from 2009 to 2013, there were a total of 276 lives lost in drunk-driving crashes. Every DUI crash is preventable!
Here are some tips to enjoy a safe and fun holiday:
- Before celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year, decide whether you’ll drink or you’ll drive. You can’t do both.
- If you’re planning on drinking, now is the time to arrange your ride home. When you head out, leave your keys at home or give them to your sober driver.
- If you’re planning on driving that night, commit to staying sober.
- Look up a local taxi company, and save their number in your phone. It’s always a good idea to have a backup plan.
- A sober driver will be your luckiest charm this St. Patrick’s Day.
- On March 17, ride FREE after 4pm and enjoy a safe celebration on RTC RIDE, RTC RAPID and Sierra Spirit! http://www.rtcwashoe.com/hottopics/documents/StPatricksDay/St_P_poster15.pdf
An Irish Friendship Wish to you… May the hand of a friend always be near you, and may your friend be sober. Don’t drink or drug and drive!
Here’s an important message from the Northern Nevada DUI Task Force Chairman, Jim Holmes and the Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County. Have a plan this New Year’s Eve! Take the RTC Safe Ride, make arrangements for a designated driver, or call a safe ride home. Keep our community safe this holiday season… and always!